Happy Muslim Mama tagged me! She’s a working mom, great writer, awesome person…and oh dear, she has the loveliest outfits in her wardrobe (yes Sister, I have been secretly admiring them whenever you have a “wardrobe” post).
Here are the rules of this tag:
1. Admit one thing you feel awful about (involving being a mom). Once you have written it down, you are no longer allowed to feel bad. Remember you are a good mom!
2. Remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list 7 things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.
3. Send this to 5 other moms of the year that deserve a reminder that they too are the best moms that they can be. Remember to send them a note letting them know you have selected them, and also add a link to your post that directs people back to the person who nominated you!
I admit, I yell too much…and yes, I am grumpy once in a while. Sometimes my patience runs out…only when I forgot to take my patience pill in the morning, though.
- I love the unconditional love I have for my children.
- I love that my kids love me unconditionally (at least when I am not grumpy…).
- I love the look on my son’s face when he wants another serving of kefta…he sheepishly asks if he can have another helping (yes, he’s a gourmet and can never have enough meat).
- The best feeling: my little girl holding my hand and asking for a hug. She needs 4 hugs at night before going to bed, our secret tradition.
- I love watching my children play – the only time they don’t fight…sometimes!
- A moment I cherish every weekend: our family walk at the local mall. The children asking for a bread stick and sampling nuts at the fruits and veg market.
- I love my children’s character traits: my son – he wants to change the world just like President Obama, InshaAllah and my girl – ever-curious and eager to learn, she’s tough and I admire her persistence.
Five other moms I tag:
- Sister Samirah – My best cyber friend and mom of “I-lost-track”…children!
- Iman – For the love of books she instills in her daughters!
- Umm Layla – For being a mom and a multi-tasker and the Queen of DIY!
- Umm Obaidah – For her relentless commitment to homeschooling her daughter and providing us with great scanned resources!
- Qalballah – For just telling us as it is and for raising two beautiful and feisty boys!