The 1st Annual Summer Islamic Reading Challenge hosted by AmericanMuslimMom.com will be launched July 1, 2009.
It appears to be an exciting opportunity to encourage children to read during the summer. The information below was taken directly from the website.
- To encourage Muslim children (and non-Muslims interested in Islam) to read and review Islamic children and adult books during the Summer months,
- To create a comprehensive list of recommended Islamic books, and
- To share the Islamic book reviews with as many Muslim children (and non-Muslim interested in Islam) as possible, by publishing the reviews on AmericanMuslimMom.com in the “By Muslims for Muslims” “Kids’ Review” section*.
- All participants will receive a prize.
- All entries are subject to editorial review for clarity and appropriateness. Participants may opt not to have their reviews published.
- Participants must make an official Intent to Participate by registering online between July 1, 2009 and August 15, 2009,
- Any child entering PreK – Grade 12 who is interested in reading Islamic books (Non-Muslims welcomed),
- Participants must be U.S. residents,
- Islamic books read should be at or near one’s reading level,
- Islamic books read to aloud qualify,
- Islamic books can only be listed once,
- All books must be read in its entirety, partially read books are not allowed,
- Islamic books must be read between July 1 – August 15, 2009. (Islamic books read from June 20, 2009 to July 1, 2009 will be accepted; but official forms will not become available until the Kick-Off on July 1, 2009),
- Use the Official Islamic Book Review Form and Reading Journal to review at least one Islamic book. A parent/guardian must sign the journal when it is completed.
- At least one Islamic book must be read and one Islamic book review form must be completed. Reading additional Islamic books are highly encouraged.
- While one prize will be given to all participants, additional Islamic books, games, toys, and clothing may be randomly selected. (Limited to one additional prize per child, per summer).
- The Founder/Owner/Publisher of AmericanMuslimMom.com and her family members are not eligible for prizes.
- Deadline: Postmarked by August 15, 2009
- Register your child/ren entering PreK – Grade 12 during the Reading Challenge period of July 1, 2009 – August 15, 2009 (details below),
- Print out the Official Islamic Book Review Form and Reading Journal,
- Children read books at their reading level, or read-aloud to by an adult,
- Complete one full Islamic Book Review, and list additional Islamic books read on the Review Journal. All sections must be completed. A parent/guardian must sign the journal when it is completed.
- Mail the completed Review Journal to the address provided on the Review Journal (one per child). Multiple children from the same household may send their Review Journals in one envelope.
- Each participant will be sent a certificate and a prize in the mail by September 30, 2009.
- Additional Islamic books, gifts and prizes will be awarded to different select groups by random selection.
- Deadline: Postmarked by August 15, 2009
Intent to Participate/Registration:
[Purpose: We need to know the first name and age of each child to purchase the correct amount and appropriateness of prizes.]
- Participant must be officially registered on or before August 15, 2009.
- Participants can not register until the Official Kick-Off date of July 1, 2009.
* (1) Post a comment to the Official Kick-Off page. Post your child/ren’s first name/s and age/s.
* (2) Fill out a contact form. Title: Summer Reading Challenge. Enter your child/ren’s first name/s and age/s. All your children may be entered at the same time.
Having problems? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WEEKLY ISLAMIC BOOK REVIEW GIVE-AWAY
- Each week one Islamic Book Give-Away Announcement will be posted at AmericanMusllimMom.com, with instructions and deadline dates for entry,
- Post a comment to that particular week’s Islamic Book Give-Away Announcement with the Reviewer’s first name and age.
- Submit an Islamic Book Review by sending the Official Islamic Book Review Form and Reading Journal (one entry per week) via fax or email (scanned) to: email@example.com (All pertinent information of the Reading Journal may be typed into the body of an email and submitted for consideration). Deadline date will be posted on the announcement.
- One reviewer will be randomly selected to win the Islamic Book of the Week.
- The Winning Reviewer will be announced and his/her review will be published on AmericanMuslimMom.com
- This Review Journal must be sent via postal mail for official entry in the 2009 Summer Islamic Reading Challenge. The weekly Islamic Book Give-Away is separate from the actual Reading Challenge.
- Help spread the word (email, post this on your blog),
- Offer to volunteer and help,
- Become a sponsor or refer a sponsor,
- Make a donation (for example, Islamic books, games, prizes, monetary contribution, etc.).